Clean, well maintained, DOT-certified trucks highlight our commitment to the residential market in Broome, Bradford, Chemung, Tioga, and Susquehanna counties. Professionally trained, uniformed drivers operate with efficiency, integrity, and the courtesy expected by homeowners. We provide regular safety meetings for our crews and always stress the importance of being a part of the community and going the extra step to create happy customers.
At Taylor Garbage, we pride ourselves on providing personal quality collection services which in turn develop into long-term relationships with our customers. Our employees are a part of the community and are professional, courteous, and prompt.
Residential Can Sizes
Extra Waste/Bulk Items Policy
In the event you have extra trash or bulk items, we ask that you call our office at 607-797-5277 to schedule a pick up.
In Broome or Tioga County, we’re happy to pick up your unwanted appliances. We charge $35.00 for the pickup and you must call in advance to be put on the schedule. This service now includes refrigerators, freezers, or air conditioners. The charge for this service is $35.00, you can stop in to pay with cash or a credit card. There is no pickup fee if you bring appliances to our yard.
Items We can NOT Pick Up
In Broome, Bradford, Chemung, Tioga, and Susquehanna counties:
- Hazardous waste
Recycling: It’s important
We offer Single-Stream Recycling services. The customer is not required to sort their recycling for the curb. Remember that recycling pickup is not always picked up the same day as your trash pickup. Be sure to ask us when pickup day is in your neighborhood. For more information on recycling policies, please refer to our online recycling guide.
GOOD BYE WINTER, HELLO SPRING!
The yard waste season starts the first week of May and runs thru the last week of October. You must sign up for pickup so please call the office 607-797-5277. Customers will no longer have to purchase yard waste stickers, so just simply place your yard waste inside the Taylor Garbage issued container with a green lid and place it curbside. Yard waste will not be picked up in bags or cardboard boxes or any other type of container.
Here are the details:
- Yard waste season will run from the beginning of May until the end of November, and pick-ups are on MONDAYS ONLY. (Yard waste WILL be picked up on all holidays during the yard waste season).
- Weekly trash service does not cover the cost of yard waste pickup. The price will be as follows: Seasonal Yard Waste Program (May thru November) cost is $210.00 + tax for a 95g roll cart emptied every week.
- We take grass clippings, twigs under an inch in diameter, weeds, pine cones and needles, fruits and vegetables. Please make sure to place these materials loose inside the Taylor Garbage issued yard waste container that has a green lid.
- If you have larger branches or large amounts of leaves, please contact your local Highway Dept. to ask about any scheduled pickups.
- Yard waste must be out by SUNDAY NIGHT or by 5am MONDAY. We will not come back for missed yard waste. Please hold it for the following week.
- All roll carts will be delivered the week of April 20th.
- All roll carts will be removed the first week of December. Please note: All carts must be EMPTY and at CURBSIDE during this week. If the roll carts are NOT curbside and empty for removal there will be additional charges.