New Changes & Big Benefits
New changes to your trash and recycling pickup!
Taylor Garbage Service is excited to introduce a new, more convenient way to dispose of trash and recycling. Our service will only improve with the addition of Taylor Garbage Service’s state-of-the-art automated collection process. The system uses specially designed containers that will change the way you dispose of trash and recycling for the better.
Once we deliver your new containers, you may start using them immediately. Simply wheel the containers to the edge of your driveway and Taylor Garbage’s automated trucks take care of the rest! Please review each section carefully. Our friendly customer service staff is available Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:00pm to assist you with any questions at 607-797-5277.
Big benefits to these changes!
- No more lifting cans or bins
- No chasing wind-blown cans, bins or lids
- Greater privacy
- Cleaner service
- Less truck traffic
- No rodents or pests getting into the trash
- No blowing trash or recycling debris
- Greater safety for pedestrians and Taylor Garbage employees
Our efficient automated system comes with some new procedures for our customers.
- Recycling pickup will be BIWEEKLY (every other week) since the new containers accommodate approximately 7 yellow recycling bins’ worth of material
- Trash pickup will remain WEEKLY — please review the holiday schedule for any changes
- Residents MUST use the Taylor Garbage containers with arrows pointing towards the street — they are specifically designed for pick up by our truck’s robotic “arm”
- Trash cans, yellow tubs, loose refuse and large items will no longer be accepted with normal pick up — please call the office or go to our website to arrange for bulk pick up
CARE OF CONTAINERS
Containers are owned by Taylor Garbage.
- Each container provided will be stamped with a serial number specific to your location
- Do not permanently mark containers
- Do not take containers when you move
- Periodic cleaning is recommended
- The cost to replace a container is $60, and is the responsibility of the customer if damaged or missing due to neglect
- Extra containers may be rented from Taylor Garbage — please contact us for additional fees.
Taylor Garbage’s automated collection process uses proprietary containers with lids that improve trash and recycling pickup. Taylor Garbage trucks use an automated robotic “arm” to pick up these containers and dump the material in a more efficient and sanitary manner.
Taylor Garbage will supply each of our customers with
one (1) 65 gallon container for weekly Trash pick up and
one (1) 95 gallon container for biweekly Recycling pick up.
The 65 gallon black Trash container will have a black lid.
The 95 gallon black Recycling container will have a blue lid.
Simply wheel the containers, with the arrows pointing towards the street, to the edge of your driveway and Taylor Garbage’s specially designed trucks take care of the rest!
A list of Acceptable and Non-Acceptable Items here.
- Containers can be placed after 3 PM the day prior, but no later than 6 AM the day of collection
- Arrows on the lid should point toward the street
- Place your containers at the end of your driveway to prevent obstruction by vehicles
- If no driveway fronts the street, then place the containers on the grass next to the pavement
- Containers must be four feet from other objects or obstructions such as mailboxes, trees, streetlights, parked cars, etc.
- Place containers on a level surface and away from overhanging tree branches or wires
- The container lid should be closed with no overflow
- Items outside the container will NOT be collected
- Containers should NOT be placed on snow banks
About our new system
Our state-of-the-art trucks are designed to dispose of trash and recyclables without the assistance of the driver. This keeps pickup quick, clean, safe and efficient.
Only our containers are able to be picked up by our robotic system. All items must be inside the container.
Large or loose items or bags cannot be placed next to or in front of the containers. Any item placed outside the containers will not be picked up. Contact our office at 607-797-5277 or go to our website to schedule a bulk pick up.
It is essential these instructions be followed so that Taylor Garbage can provide the best service possible and keep our trucks running efficiently.
If you have any questions, see our FAQs below. You can also submit a question by visiting our contact page.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can place services on hold while you are on vacation by calling our Vestal location at 607-797-5277.
Appliance and bulk item collections vary by location and contract. Items such as appliances, mattresses and home furnishings may require special handling and/or advance notice prior to pickup. If your item is in working condition, you may wish to donate it to a local charity or use earth911.com or freecycle.org to find other alternatives. Please call our Vestal location at 607-797-5277 for availability, charges, or to schedule a pickup.
Cooking oil should not be flushed into drains or septic tanks. Instead, it should be recycled at special collection or drop-off programs for household hazardous waste. Please call our Vestal location at 607-797-5277 to inquire about safe hazardous waste disposal in your area.
The following items are NOT recyclable:
- Pyrex or other glass cookware
- Drinking glasses
- Disposable diapers
- Medical waste (including needles)
The following items should not be placed in your recycling container but may have other options for recycling:
- Clothing and shoes can be recycled by taking the items to Goodwill, a thrift store, or other nonprofit location.
- Plastic bags are recyclable but are best handled by returning them to grocery stores or other retailers that have special recycling programs.
- Bricks, concrete, and wood are recyclable but may need to be handled separately.
- Yard waste may be recyclable but needs to be handled separately.
- Food waste and items contaminated with or containing food should not be placed with other recyclables. Taylor Garbage does not collect organics.
Tips for recycling:
- Please clean and rinse cans, bottles, and jars.
- Large pieces of cardboard and cardboard boxes should be broken down and cut into smaller pieces (preferably 3 feet x 3 feet).
- Cartons made from aseptic packaging such as juice boxes, milk cartons, or broth packaging are recyclable.
Taylor Garbage does not collect motor oil or oil filters. Many communities host special collection or drop-off programs for hazardous waste. Please call our Vestal location at 607-797-5277 to inquire about hazardous waste disposal in your area.