Yes, you can place services on hold while you are on vacation by calling our Vestal location at 607-797-5277.
Appliance and bulk item collections vary by location and contract. Items such as appliances, mattresses and home furnishings may require special handling and/or advance notice prior to pickup. If your item is in working condition, you may wish to donate it to a local charity or use earth911.com or freecycle.org to find other alternatives. Please call our Vestal location at 607-797-5277 for availability, charges, or to schedule a pickup.
Cooking oil should not be flushed into drains or septic tanks. Instead, it should be recycled at special collection or drop-off programs for household hazardous waste. Please call our Vestal location at 607-797-5277 to inquire about safe hazardous waste disposal in your area.
The following items are NOT recyclable:
- Pyrex or other glass cookware
- Drinking glasses
- Disposable diapers
- Medical waste (including needles)
The following items should not be placed in your recycling container but may have other options for recycling:
- Clothing and shoes can be recycled by taking the items to Goodwill, a thrift store, or other nonprofit location.
- Bricks, concrete, and wood are recyclable but may need to be handled separately.
- Yard waste may be recyclable but needs to be handled separately.
- Food waste and items contaminated with or containing food should not be placed with other recyclables. Taylor Garbage does not collect organics.
Tips for recycling:
- Please clean and rinse cans, bottles, and jars.
- Large pieces of cardboard and cardboard boxes should be broken down and cut into smaller pieces (preferably 3 feet x 3 feet).
- Cartons made from aseptic packaging such as juice boxes, milk cartons, or broth packaging are recyclable.
Taylor Garbage does not collect motor oil or oil filters. Many communities host special collection or drop-off programs for hazardous waste. Please call our Vestal location at 607-797-5277 to inquire about hazardous waste disposal in your area.
Report a Problem
Billing & Accounts
All the required information is used for internal purposes only and will not be shared with third parties.