The following items are NOT recyclable:
- Pyrex or other glass cookware
- Drinking glasses
- Disposable diapers
- Medical waste (including needles)
The following items should not be placed in your recycling container but may have other options for recycling:
- Clothing and shoes can be recycled by taking the items to Goodwill, a thrift store or other nonprofit location.
- Plastic bags are recyclable but are best handled by returning them to grocery stores or other retailers that have special recycling programs.
- Bricks, concrete, and wood are recyclable but may need to be handled separately.
- Yard waste may be recyclable but needs to be handled separately.
- Food waste and items contaminated with or containing food should not be placed with other recyclables. Taylor Garbage does not collect organics.
Tips for recycling:
- Please clean and rinse cans, bottles, and jars.
- Large pieces of cardboard and cardboard boxes should be broken down and cut into smaller pieces (preferably 3 feet x 3 feet).
- Cartons made from aseptic packaging such juice boxes, milk cartons, or broth packaging are recyclable.
Taylor Garbage does not collect motor oil or oil filters. Many communities host special collection or drop-off programs for hazardous waste. Please call our Vestal location at 607-797-5277 to inquire about hazardous waste disposal in your area.